CORPORATE FINANCE ADVISORY SERVICE
We have created a corporate
finance advisory service for chief executives and their teams to solve two big
shareholder value problems:
- They lack executives who know the tactics, assumptions,
and networks of the international commercial and investment banking
communities. This blunts their effectiveness in financing, M&A, and
restructuring negotiations. Result: mispriced deals; onerous terms; missed
- They are rewarded for long-term results, while the
bankers they face are measured by the deals they consummate in a very
short-term period. CEO’s long-term goals are seldom reconciled with the
transaction mentality of their financial suppliers and intermediaries.
Result: sub-optimal transaction timing; most acquisitions eventually have to
be closed down, sold off, or otherwise restructured. Long-term ROI’s suffer
WHAT WE DO
To make sure CEOs realize their goals, we:
- Assist in deal structuring and negotiations with a full
understanding of the motivations and typical behavior of the other parties at
- Prepare, review transaction valuations, perhaps the most critical
ingredient in financings, investor relations, M&A negotiations, restructuring
plans and management of the Board of Directors.
- Help select and manage investment bankers to ensure ongoing
responsiveness and performance of the designated principals at the banking
- Create a deal flow of either acquisitions or divestments by intense
communications with both intermediaries and principals.
- Develop offshore partnerships that will heighten the global
competitiveness of our clients in Europe, China, and SE Asia.
- Develop financial plans, financial structures, modeling, and
planning and reporting processes.
- Develop strategic plans, and strategic planning and review
- Train in-house financial personnel to better deal with the
challenges of the external financial environment.
- Assist management in overcoming the challenging hurdles of the
acquisition integration, organizational development, or restructuring
- Ensure compliance with current corporate governance practices for
both public and private companies. Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory
initiatives now influence all corporate activities and lack of compliance can
delay transactions such as acquisitions, divestments, initial public
Our client mandate, which
is tailored to each client’s particular needs, typically involves an appropriate
combination of one or more of the above services.
WHO WE ARE
Our partners are seasoned, successful advisors and
executives with a deep background in finance, strategy and operations. A key
strength of our organization is our personal access to a network of senior
contacts across numerous industry segments and functional disciplines. We have
a clear and distinct bias to bring independent and candid input to effectively
advance our clients’ agendas. Our principals each bring more than 30 years
experience to our client assignments. We combine senior corporate management
experience with deep knowledge of the international financial marketplace.
HOW WE ARE REWARDED
We are compensated by a combination of reasonable retainers
and transaction success fees. The basic philosophy of our compensation ensures
that unless we are specifically engaged to execute a near-term task for either
our client or their shareholders, we are not short-term-deal oriented. We seek
to work for our clients every day and every month, and we are vitally interested
in our clients’ long-term returns.